Etsy Shop for ElizabethsExclusives

Thursday, May 20, 2010

What's the story Morning Glory?

You might have noticed that I removed the word "Lupus" from my title. I don't know what is going on anymore. My visit to the Cleveland Clinic was not what I expected. Well, the visit was fine but the blood tests that came from it were disappointing. My results showed no discernible levels of Lupus but they did show levels of inflammation. My doctor thinks more then likely the first test I had was a false positive. My symptoms of muscle pain, joint pain, headaches and fatigue can be attributed to another cause.

Fibromyalgia is another funny little problem that a lot of people have. The problem is it has a bad rap of being a "mystery" disease that is "all in the person's head. There isn't a test that can definitively point to Fibromyalgia - most of the diagnosis is based on duration of symptoms and quality of them. I'm not sure what I'd rather be diagnosed with as they both have serious issues and complications. To be honest, I'd rather not be diagnosed with anything and not have to deal with the daily pain and issues that surround what I'm going through. But if I have to deal with this I want a diagnosis of something firm. I hate when people ask me what's going on and I just have to kind of shake my head and say "I'm not sure". It feels like I'm hiding something when really I'm just clueless. Not a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment